SEMH Functional Skills Teacher – Basingstoke – September
About the job
ARE YOU AN UNQUALIFIED TEACHER WITH EXPERIENCE OF TEACHING FUNCTIONAL SKILLS AT A LOWER LEVEL?
ARE YOU A COVER SUPERVISOR LOOKING FOR A MORE REWARDING ROLE?
Prospero Teaching are working with a Secondary School in Basingstoke who are seeking an SEMH Functional Skills Teacher to join their SEN team working with a young male on a 1:1 basis. This is at a well reputed ‘Good’ Ofsted rated school, therefore the school are seeking someone who can match their requirements.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL:
- ‘Good’ Ofsted rating for 2017
- Excellent reputation in the local area.
- High achieving pupils aged 11-16 with some SEND students.
- Strong SEN Team for support with placements.
- You will be working 1:1 with a young male student who requires extra support with functional skills.
- Reporting to Head of SEN department and assisting where necessary.
- Full-time position – School will consider job share for the right candidate.
THE SUCCESSFUL SEMH FUNCTIONAL SKILLS TEACHER WILL HAVE / BE:
- Engaging and motivating while working with pupil to maximize their potential.
- Contribute to assessments and reviews.
- Patience, understanding and commitment, with a genuine desire to help young people.
- Good organisation skills while having strong behaviour management skills.
- IT literate with excellent literacy and numeracy skills.
TO BE ELIGIBLE THE SEMH FUNCTIONAL SKILLS TEACHER MUST HAVE / BE:
- Proof of eligibility to live and work in the UK.
- Experience working with SEMH pupils in the past.
- Be able to provide two professional references that cover the last two years of employment.
- Hold an enhanced DBS certificate that is registered to the Update service, or be willing to complete one.
- Ideally a car driver that is with or open to obtaining Business insurance, however not essential.
- Complete a face-to-face registration with our Southampton Office.
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this role then please refer them to us and you could earn £150 from our Refer a Friend scheme.
At Prospero Teaching we bring the best teaching jobs in the U.K. and London to newly qualified & experienced teachers, matching the right school to your specific needs. Whether you want to work as a Science Teacher in London or a Physical Education Teaching Assistant in Manchester the possibilities are endless. Since 2000 we’ve been helping teachers from many countries including Canada, Belgium, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and so on. Find the teaching job you’ve been dreaming of.