Residential Support Worker – Lymington – Flexible start
About the job
ARE YOU A LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT LOOKING FOR EXTRA HOURS?
ARE YOU A SUPPORT WORKER LOOKING FOR A NEW CHALLENGE?
Prospero Teaching are working with a residential school based in Lymington who are in need of Residential Support workers. Primarily you will be working in the residential area providing guidance, support and encouragement to young people in a variety of settings including classroom, education and off site activities.
ABOUT THE RESIDENTIAL SUPPORT WORKER POSITION:
- Full-time Position with a 40hr week.
- Temporary to permanent position for the ideal residential Support Worker.
- Hourly rate of : £9.78 – £11.93 per hour.
- Shift work consisting of Day, Night and some Weekend shifts.
- To support young people towards managing their own behaviour by using the skills and approved approaches.
- To support our young people when preparing for and undergoing any transfer from one residential setting to
- To actively promote learning during all programmes and activities during residential, leisure and/or classroom situations.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL THE RESIDENTIAL SUPPORT WORKER WILL HAVE / BE:
- Awareness of the general health, safety and welfare of young people while having knowledge of how young people develop and learn.
- Awareness of what equal opportunities and discrimination are and how it can be prevented.
- Ability to follow a work pattern and attend work punctually and reliably.
- To be able to communicate clearly and easily with young people and others in a variety of ways.
- Ability to plan while organise and evaluate activities appropriate to young people needs and skills.
- Ability to form appropriate professional relationships with young people and others involved in their care.
TO BE ELIGIBLE THE RESIDENTIAL SUPPORT WORKER MUST HAVE / BE:
- A face-to-face registration with our Southampton office.
- An enhanced DBS certificate (Child and Adult) that is registered with the Update Service, or be willing to complete one.
- Experience with handling challenging pupils / service users.
- The ability to provide two professional references that cover the last two years of employment.
- Proof of eligibility to live and work in the UK.
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this role then please refer them to us and you could earn £150 from our Refer a Friend scheme.
At Prospero Teaching we bring the best teaching jobs in the U.K. and London to newly qualified & experienced teachers, matching the right school to your specific needs. Whether you want to work as a Science Teacher in London or a Physical Education Teaching Assistant in Manchester the possibilities are endless. Since 2000 we’ve been helping teachers from many countries including Canada, Belgium, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and so on. Find the teaching job you’ve been dreaming of.