Psychology Graduate – Southampton – September 2018
About the job
** No Experience Needed **
ARE YOU A RECENT PSYCHOLOGY GRADUATE LOOKING FOR A NEW CAREER?
AN ASPIRING TEACHER LOOKING FOR MORE EXPERIENCE?
Prospero Teaching is working with a secondary school in the Southampton area who are looking for a Psychology Graduate interested in getting into teaching. This role is ideal for someone looking to gain confidence and experience before taking on a permanent role.
About the Psychology Graduate job
- Daily pay rate of £60-£80 as a Psychology Graduate Teaching Assistant.
- Interviewing shortly for September post.
- Full-time, permanent position, due to start in September.
- This is an excellent opportunity to develop your own teaching style before your PGCE.
- Help with attainment and progress within the psychology or SEN department.
- The school are keen to progress and develop graduates into teachers, so there will be the opportunity for the hired Psychology Graduate Teaching Assistant to help plan, observe and deliver lessons jointly with teachers.
The Successful Psychology Graduate will have / be:
- A passion for the subject and will inspire, challenge and motivate students while helping them achieve beyond their expected potential.
- Have a strong desire to become a Psychology or SEND Teacher.
- Determined while committed to providing remarkable teaching and supervision for all students.
- Strong behavior management skills while helping to create a fun and inclusive learning environment.
- The ability to use own initiative to complete required tasks while meeting deadlines.
To be Eligible the Psychology Graduate must have/be:
- A minimum of a 2:2 on your Psychology/related degree.
- The ability to provide two professional references, that cover the last two years of employment.
- Previous experience working with children is advantageous however not essential.
- A fully enhanced DBS certificate that is registered on the update service, or be willing to complete one.
- Be a UK resident or have the proof of eligibility to live and work in the UK.
- Complete a face-to-face registration with the Southampton Office.
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this role then please refer them to us and you could earn £150 from our Refer a Friend scheme.
At Prospero Teaching we bring the best teaching jobs in the U.K. and London to newly qualified & experienced teachers, matching the right school to your specific needs. Whether you want to work as a Science Teacher in London or a Physical Education Teaching Assistant in Manchester the possibilities are endless. Since 2000 we’ve been helping teachers from many countries including Canada, Belgium, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and so on. Find the teaching job you’ve been dreaming of.