SEN Teachers, Hackney, East London, ‘Outstanding’ School
About the job
Prospero Teaching is looking for SEN Teachers to teach students with Severe Learning Difficulties in an ‘Outstanding’ SEN school in East London.
Teachers with a background in mainstream teaching as well as overseas teachers are welcome to apply, but experience in a PMLD or an SEN environment is essential. Teachers with experience in care homes are especially welcome to apply.
About the School and Contract
- All the students are secondary age and low functioning.
- The ratio of students to staff is 1:2, and the number of students in each class is always between 4 and 8.
- Students in the school are divided according to ability, not age, but all the students are between 6 and 19 years of age.
- The school is consistently rated ‘Outstanding’.
- Starts September 2018 continuing until the end of the academic year, with the opportunity for the SEN teacher become a permanent member of staff.
The successful SEN Teachers will
- Establish a purposeful learning environment.
- Adapt the syllabus according to the individual students’ EHCP.
- Be active and innovative in their teaching and learning styles, both inside and outside the classroom.
- Ensure the welfare and comfort of the students is maintained at all times.
- Make appropriate use of a range of monitoring and assessment strategies to evaluate pupils progress.
- Demonstrate commitment to professional development and pupils’ learning and development.
The successful SEN Teachers must
- Possess QTS or equivalent.
- Have experience working with special needs students with profound disabilities.
- Be able to teach students in Key Stage 1, 2 or 3.
- Have good organisational skills with high expectations of achievement and behaviour.
- Posses strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with staff, parents and students.
- Be flexible and open-minded.
Prospero Teaching offers
- Over 10 years of knowledge and experience in education recruitment.
- Client knowledge that is second to none.
- Excellent salaries befitting your skills and experience.
- Teaching assignments local to you.
- Flexible working hours to suit your needs.
- Careers support and advice.
- Opportunity to work on our guaranteed pay scheme.
- Wide range of teaching environments and age groups.
- Opportunities to widen your teaching experience.
Does this SEN teaching job sound like it would suit you? If so, then please apply here, or call 020 7404 6383 to speak to our SEN Team.
If you know of anyone who may be interested in this position, please forward their details to us and you could be eligible to earn £150 via our referral scheme.
Prospero Teaching recruits exceptional teachers from across the globe, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, Belgium, The Netherlands, Ireland and New Zealand and provides them with teaching jobs in London and the UK. Here at Prospero Teaching we strive to make a real impact on education and teaching with our global opportunities. If moving from overseas, Prospero Teaching provides assistance with setting up your bank account as well as accommodation assistance, and tons of aftercare and training.