Part Time 1:1 Teacher in Basildon
About the job
Prospero Teaching are looking for a qualified teacher to work 1:1 with a secondary aged student based in the Basildon area. This is a great opportunity to make a real difference to a student’s life, gain great job satisfaction and to teach without the paperwork involved with a class of 30 children.
About the school and the position:
• We are looking for a qualified teacher to work on a 1:1 basis with a secondary aged student who is currently excluded from school.
• The student has SEMH and is working at at a level lower than their age would suggest.
• This is a part time role where the successful candidate will be required to work with the student for 3 hours per day for 5 days per week (Mon-Fri during school hours).
• You will be teaching the student in their own home, hence will be required to undertake some (paid) safeguarding training prior to starting.
• If the successful candidate is looking for full time hours there is the potential to take on a second student.
• The position is to start ASAP.
About the successful 1:1 Teacher:
• Full QTS (NQT’s are welcome to apply).
• Experience working with students on a 1:1 basis or in the SEN sector would be advantageous. Howeverit is NOT essential providing you have the right attitude and desire.
• Good behaviour management skills and the desire to make a difference.
• Able to adapt your teaching to suit the students learning requirements.
• Lots of energy and enthusiasm.
• Excellent communication skills.
To be eligible the 1:1 Teacher must have/be:
• Passionate about helping students progress, academically, emotionally and socially.
• Highly motivated and focused on achieving the best for every student.
• Be a UK resident or be eligible to work in UK.
• Have 2 professional references (from the last 2 years ideally).
• Hold a current and full enhanced child only DBS on the update service (or be willing to do a new one).
Please apply now with your updated CV, if this position is of interest.
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this vacancy then please refer them to us and you could earn £150 from our Refer a Friend scheme.
Prospero Teaching recruits exceptional teachers from across the globe, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, Belgium, The Netherlands, Ireland and New Zealand and provides them with teaching jobs in London and the UK. Here at Prospero Teaching we strive to make a real impact on education and teaching with our global opportunities. If moving from overseas, Prospero Teaching provides assistance with setting up your bank account as well as accommodation assistance, and tons of aftercare and training.