Literacy Manager required for a Special School in Huntingdon
About the job
Prospero Teaching are looking for a Literacy Manager to work in Special School for children with Autism and SLD. The role is based in Huntingdon and is to start in September 2018.
About the school and contract:
- We are looking for a qualified English Teacher and experienced Literacy Manager to lead Literacy development across the school.
- Students have a range of high and low functioning Autism.
- The successful candidate will also be required to take on some part time teaching responsibilities.
- The post is ideally to start ASAP, however the school will wait until September for an exceptional candidate.
- The role is to work with students in key stages 3 and 4 in a school that Ofsted have rated as “outstanding”.
- Teachers from either Primary or Secondary phase are welcome to apply.
About the successful Literacy Manager:
- Previous Literacy professional knowledge and experience.
- Experience working in a special school would be advantageous but is not essential providing you have the right attitude and desire.
- Previous experience working with Autism would also be advantageous
- A passion for working with children with Autism.
- Pro Active and innovative.
To be eligible the Literacy Manager must have/be:
- Highly motivated and focused on achieving the best for every student.
- A positive attitude and desire towards working with SEN students.
- Lots of energy and enthusiasm.
- The ability to engage and motivate students whilst making learning fun.
- Excellent communication skills – the school encourages good communication with Parents/Carers.
Please apply now with your updated CV, if this position is of interest.
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this vacancy then please refer them to us and you could earn £150 from our Refer a Friend scheme.
Prospero Teaching recruits exceptional teachers from across the globe, the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, Belgium, The Netherlands, Ireland and New Zealand and provides them with teaching jobs in London and the UK. Here at Prospero Teaching we strive to make a real impact on education and teaching with our global opportunities. If moving from overseas, Prospero Teaching provides assistance with setting up your bank account as well as accommodation assistance, and tons of aftercare and training.