Internal Exclusion Room Manager – Behaviour Provision – Edgeware
About the job
Internal Exclusion Room Manager – Full time (41 weeks, 36 hours per week 9:45 start time)
Prospero Teaching are working with an oversubscribed school 4-19 mixed comprehensive in North London serving 1600 students. In 2015 the school was in the top 10% of schools nationally for progress made by pupils at KS4.
The Main purpose of the Internal Exclusion Room Manager is to co-ordinate the Academy’s Internal exclusion facility as part of the school’s behaviour policy.
The school has a bespoke pedagogy underpinned by a belief that all students can achieve through effort, deliberate practice, and engagement in a meaningful and purposeful curriculum. You join a committed and vibrant body of staff passionate about the achievement of students.
Following the continued growth of the school are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and proactive person who possesses an ability to work constructively as part of a team. The successful candidate will co-ordinate the Academy’s Internal exclusion facility as part of the Academy’s behaviour policy. This will involve co-ordinating and supervision of internal exclusion.
The successful candidate will also be required to co-ordinate and manage administration relating to internal exclusion including daily preparation of the internal exclusion room, allocation of seating plans and maintaining appropriate standards of behaviour of students when escorting them to and from the internal exclusion room.
Prospero Teaching is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The main roles and Responsibilities of the Internal Exclusion Manager are:
• To co-ordinate and supervise internal exclusion.
• To co-ordinate and manage administration relating to internal exclusion, e.g. daily preparation of the internal exclusion room, allocating of seating plans etc.
• Maintain appropriate standards of behaviour of students when escorting to and from the internal exclusion room and whilst inside the Internal exclusion room in accordance with Academy policy
• To liaise with SLT with regards to referrals to the internal exclusion room.
• Conduct interviews with pupils in the centre and to reinforce reasons for the placement.
• To develop programmes of work for pupils to complete whilst in the internal exclusion room in liaison with respective Heads of Department to ensure maximised pupil learning.
• Challenge and motivate pupils to promote and reinforce high levels of self-esteem.
• To attend Academy and relevant wider based training sessions as required.
Interviews for the External Exclusion Room Manager are being held as soon as possible with the view to start as soon as possible , however exceptional candidates will be considered for January 2018.
As the best teacher and supply teacher recruitment agency the U.K. has to offer, we ensure every step of your path with Prospero Teaching is a great one. We offer free courses in teaching, lesson planning, CPD certified qualifications, help with moving overseas and much more. Whether you want to teach music in Liverpool, history in London or maths in Manchester we have the right teaching job for you.