Graduate Teaching Assistant – Cambridge – September 2018
About the job
A large secondary school based in Cambridge is looking for a Graduate Teaching Assistant to join their school for a September 2018 start.
- Top performing Secondary school based in the north of Cambridge.
- Excellent Senior Support Staff for help with progression to become a fully qualified teacher.
The School and Contract
- You will be joining a supportive support team with great staff retention.
- Students at the school are motivated towards learning so this is a great opportunity to work with enthusiastic students who are willing to learn.
- The school is an all-girls school age 11 to 18 and high achieving with excellent results year on year.
- You will be working across the age ranges in the school to help attainment and progress.
- They have an excellent induction procedure in place for new starters.
- Has a steady leadership team and most of whom were promoted within.Any subject specialism although core subjects will be desirable (English, Maths, Science).
- You will work closely with the department most suited to your subject specialism.
- Help the Teachers plan, observe and deliver lessons.
- Opportunity for school centred teacher training at the end of the year
- SEPTEMBER 2018 start on a 1 year contract.
About the successful Graduate Teaching Assistant
- Passion to challenge and motivate students to achieve beyond their potential.
- A desire to become a teacher while developing their own teaching style.
- Good organisational skills, alongside strong behavior management skills.
- Someone who uses their own initiative to solve problems.
- Some 1:1 work with individual pupils for extra support.
The Ideal Graduate Teaching Assistant Will have/be
- A minimum 2:2 degree in any subject.
- An enhanced DBS certificate that is registered on the Update Service, or be willing to complete one.
- The ability to provide two professional references to cover the last two years of employment or education.
- Proof of eligibility to live and work in the UK.
- Experience working with young people in any setting is ideal.
If you’d like to know more about this Graduate Teaching Assistant opportunity then please do call us on 01245 207280.
If you have a friend looking for work as a Teaching Assistant, recommend them to us and you could earn £50 from our Refer a Friend scheme.
At Prospero Teaching we bring the best teaching jobs in the U.K. and London to newly qualified & experienced teachers, matching the right school to your specific needs. Whether you want to work as a Science Teacher in London or a Physical Education Teaching Assistant in Manchester the possibilities are endless. Since 2000 we’ve been helping teachers from many countries including Canada, Belgium, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and so on. Find the teaching job you’ve been dreaming of.