Functional Skills Tutor (Prison Service) – London
About the job
Functional Skills (Prison Service) – London
Prospero Teaching has a fantastic opportunity for a Functional skills tutor to Work one of a clients who has sites in both the South West the Kent and North London area. You will be required to:
- Deliver one-to-one or group Inductions in Foundation Learning and develop
- Deliver employability skills qualification to young learners to prepare them for progression beyond FL (Employment, FE or Apprenticeship).
- Deliver and develop accredited training activity within an area, ensuring that high retention and achievement rates are achieved and maintained.
- Deliver alternative training provision appropriate to the areas needs working in liaison with line manager in order to undertake a clear assessment of delivery model and financial viability.
- Ensure high quality training is delivered to meet the standards of the awarding body’s criteria, ensuring Quality Standards and Assessment Centre Status is maintained.
- Ensure appropriate candidate registrations and certificate requests are carried out on a systematic basis.
- Ensure all necessary training resources are available and maintained.
- Achieve targets for referrals, qualification achievement and progression.
Provide one-to-one and group support by delivering job search sessions, preparing CVs, assisting with the completion of application forms, covering letters and preparing learners for interviews
To be eligible to apply you must:
Be a qualified teacher (ideally PGCE, GTP, BEd, Cert Ed, BA with QTS)
Have UK teaching experience.
Be a UK resident or be eligible to work in the UK.
Hold a current and up to date CRB disclosure.
Be creative and innovative.
Have drive and tenacity.
Encourage students to reach their full potential.
If you are interested in applying for this Functional Skills Tutor position, please apply below with your up-to-date CV.