English Graduate – Teaching Assistant – Southampton, September 2018
About the job
** NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED **
ARE YOU A RECENT ENGLISH GRADUATE AND ASPIRING TEACHER?
Prospero Teaching are looking for English Graduates to work as a Teaching Assistant in an ‘Outstanding’ school based in Southampton. This role is ideal for someone looking to gain School experience before applying for a PGCE.
About the English Graduates position:
- Daily rate of £60-£80 as an English Graduate Teaching Assistant.
- Interviewing shortly for September post.
- Full-time, permanent position due to start in September (possibilities of an earlier start for ideal English Graduate.
- This is an excellent chance to develop your own teaching style before your PGCE.
- Help with attainment and progress within the English department.
- The school are keen to progress and develop graduates into teachers, so there will be the opportunity for the hired English Graduate Teaching Assistant to help plan, observe and deliver lessons jointly with teachers.
The Successful English Graduates will have/be:
- A passion for the core subject and will inspire, challenge and motivate students while helping them achieve beyond their expected potential.
- Have a strong desire to become and English Teacher.
- Determined while committed to providing remarkable teaching and supervision for all students.
- Strong behavior management skills while helping to create a fun and inclusive learning environment.
- The ability to use own initiative to complete required tasks while meeting deadlines.
To be Eligible the English Graduates must have/be:
- A minimum of a 2:2 on your English/related degree.
- The ability to provide two professional references, that cover the last two years of employment.
- Previous experience working with children is advantageous however not essential.
- A fully enhanced DBS certificate that is registered on the update service, or be willing to complete one.
- Be a UK resident or have the proof of eligibility to live and work in the UK.
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this role then please refer them to us and you could earn £150 from our Refer a Friend scheme.
At Prospero Teaching we bring the best teaching jobs in the U.K. and London to newly qualified & experienced teachers, matching the right school to your specific needs. Whether you want to work as a Science Teacher in London or a Physical Education Teaching Assistant in Manchester the possibilities are endless. Since 2000 we’ve been helping teachers from many countries including Canada, Belgium, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and so on. Find the teaching job you’ve been dreaming of.