English Graduate – Teaching Assistant – Portsmouth, September 2018
About the job
Prospero Teaching is looking for an English Graduate to work as a Teaching Assistant in an ‘Outstanding’ school in Portsmouth. This Teaching Assistant job is ideal for someone looking to gain classroom experience before applying for a PGCE.
About the English Graduate Teaching Assistant Job
- Daily rate of £60-£80 as an English Graduate Teaching Assistant.
- Full-time, permanent position
- Interviewing shortly for September post (possibility of an earlier start for ideal English Graduate).
- This is an excellent chance to develop your own teaching style before your PGCE.
- Help with attainment and progress in the English department.
- The school is keen to progress and develop graduates into teachers, so there will be the opportunity for the hired English Graduate Teaching Assistant to help plan, observe and deliver lessons jointly with qualified teachers on staff.
The Successful English Graduate will have/be
- A passion for the teaching English and will inspire, challenge and motivate students, helping them achieve more than their expected potential.
- Have a strong desire to become an English Teacher.
- Determined and committed to providing remarkable teaching and supervision for all students.
- Strong behavior management skills while helping to create a fun and inclusive learning environment.
- The ability to use own initiative to complete required tasks while meeting deadlines.
To be Eligible the English Graduate must have/be
- A minimum of a 2:2 on your English/related degree.
- The ability to provide two professional references, that cover the last two years of employment.
- Previous experience working with children is advantageous however not essential.
- A fully enhanced DBS certificate that is registered on the update service, or be willing to complete one.
- Be a UK resident or have the proof of eligibility to live and work in the UK.
If you have a friend who you think would be interested in this role then please refer them to us and you could earn £150 from our Refer a Friend scheme.
At Prospero Teaching we bring the best teaching jobs in the U.K. and London to newly qualified & experienced teachers, matching the right school to your specific needs. Whether you want to work as a Science Teacher in London or a Physical Education Teaching Assistant in Manchester the possibilities are endless. Since 2000 we’ve been helping teachers from many countries including Canada, Belgium, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand and so on. Find the teaching job you’ve been dreaming of.